Welcome to the Forum..

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Forum..

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Two-Nation Theory

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Two-Nation Theory Empty Two-Nation Theory 23/08/11, 06:59 am

Creative-Art

Creative-Art
*Administrator*
*Administrator*

Two-Nation Theory

Two nation theory is the ideology that the primary identity of Muslims in the Indian subcontinent is their religion, rather than their language or ethnicity, and therefore Indian Hindus and Muslims are two distinct nationalities, regardless of ethnic or other commonalities.[1][2] The Two Nation Theory was a founding principle of the Pakistan Movement (i.e. the Ideology of Pakistan), and the Partition of India in 1947.[3] The ideology that religion is the determining factor in defining the nationality of Indian Muslims is also a source of inspiration to several Hindu nationalist organizations, with causes as varied as the redefinition of Indian Muslims as non-Indian foreigners in India, the expulsion of all Muslims from India, establishment of a legally Hindu state in India, prohibition of conversions to Islam, and the promotion of conversions or reconversions of Indian Muslims to Hinduism.[4][5][6][7]

There are varying interpretations of the Two-Nation Theory, based on whether the two postulated nationalities can coexist in one territory or not, with radically different implications. One interpretation argued for sovereign autonomy, including the right to secede, for Muslim-majority areas of the Indian subcontinent, but without any transfer of populations (i.e. Hindus and Muslims would continue to live together). A different interpretation contends that Hindus and Muslims constitute "two distinct, and frequently antagonistic, ways of life, and that therefore they cannot coexist in one nation."[8] In this version, a transfer of populations (i.e. the total removal of Hindus from Muslim-majority areas and the total removal of Muslims from Hindu-majority areas) is a desirable step towards a complete separation of two incompatible nations that "cannot coexist in a harmonious relationship".[9][10]

Opposition to the theory has comes from two sources. The first is the concept of a single Indian nation, of which Hindus and Muslims are two intertwined communities.[11] This is a founding principle of the modern, officially-secular, Republic of India. Even after the formation of Pakistan, debates on whether Muslims and Hindus are distinct nationalities or not continued in that country as well.[12] The second source of opposition is the concept that while Indians are not one nation, neither are the Muslims or Hindus of the subcontinent, and it is instead the relatively homogeneous former provincial units of the subcontinent which are true nations and deserving of sovereignty

http://www.dreamzworld.forumotion.com

2Two-Nation Theory Empty History of Pakistan 23/08/11, 07:00 am

Creative-Art

Creative-Art
*Administrator*
*Administrator*

History of Pakistan

Introduction

Pakistan emerged on the world map on August 14, 1947. It has its roots into the remote past. Its establishment was the culmination of the struggle by Muslims of the South-Asian subcontinent for a separate homeland of their own and its foundation was laid when Muhammad bin Qasim subdued Sindh in 711 A.D. as a reprisal against sea pirates that had taken refuge in Raja Dahir's kingdom. The advent of Islam further strengthened the historical individuality in the areas now constituting Pakistan and further beyond its boundaries.

http://www.dreamzworld.forumotion.com

3Two-Nation Theory Empty Re: Two-Nation Theory 26/08/11, 12:43 am

ERUM ALI

ERUM ALI
*Administrator*
*Administrator*

very nice topic............

4Two-Nation Theory Empty Re: Two-Nation Theory 11/09/11, 01:12 pm

Hassan Ali

Hassan Ali
*V.I.P*
*V.I.P*